The Society of Interventional Oncology (SIO)
The Society of Interventional Oncology (SIO) is a non-profit association that supports and promotes the field of interventional oncology (IO).
SIO provides a community for IO professionals to connect and work together to advance IO as the fourth pillar of cancer therapy worldwide alongside medical, surgical and radiation oncology. SIO offers a space for IO practitioners to continue their professional development, access advocacy and research, and engage in idea-sharing with peers.
SIO was established in January of 2017 by the Board of Directors of the former conference WCIO, now known as SIO's Annual Scientific Meeting.
SIO VISION STATEMENT
To advance Interventional Oncology (IO) as the fourth pillar of cancer therapy alongside medical, surgical, and radiation oncology worldwide.
SIO MISSION STATEMENT
SIO's mission is to advance interventional oncology by developing evidence supporting IO therapies, educating IO practitioners, and improving patient access to IO therapies.
SIO PUBLICATIONS AND SUBMISSIONS
SIO provides relevant research and advocacy, offering the latest insights via several publications, including:
- IO Insights, a weekly round-up of IO news and SIO programs
- The Insider, a monthly newsletter gathering the latest research and insights, including new abstracts
- SIO Submission to National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines, to which SIO frequently submits requested updates in order to continue evolving the IO practice
- SIO Case Spotlights, learn about key findings from interesting patient cases within the IO community
SIO members have access to numerous personal and professional benefits, resources for growth and support, access to the latest science, and more! SIO members receive access to exclusive year-round offerings from some of the leading IO physicians in the field, including:
- SIO publications
- Discounted registration for the SIO Annual Scientific Meeting
- Education offerings such as webinars, podcasts, and other CME earning opportunities
- Advocacy through guidelines, clinical trials, and more
- Research and grant access
SIO offers several membership options to best meet your needs.